Thursday 4 April 2024

Dimply Beautiful!



In a summer dress her eyes crinkled, she was dimply beautiful,

The dent on her rumpled-looking cheek came alive with every giggle.

What a beauty she must have been underneath those wrinkled skin,

 How many hearts might have melted at the alter of her every grin.


She must have known her precious gift, for she smiled often and easy,

Or did she turn frowns upside down, knowing life's regardless crazy.

Did she keep a dimple diary, swoon the world with her beetroot blush?

Here I tried to trace her thoughts, she though was in no tearing rush.


Curious, I strolled up to see what was giving her all those giggles,

And there propped in a stroller was someone doing her own little jiggles.

A spitting image of her grandma, just the dimple on the other cheek,

The blue-eyed darling smiled all gums, a bouncy bundle of happy streaks.


Between then and now and now and then, the dimples shared a little smile,

Preserve my legacy, said the older one, now that I have come this long a mile.    

   

(I love poetry and even dare do it at times. This one's one such attempt. And yes, I'm a big fan of dimples, the creator's special gift to only select some.) 


     

8 comments:

  1. Visual and moving, I see my mother and daughter in your poem. There is something captivating in how you've woven your words, they paint an enticing image - nothing is as beautiful as a dimpled smile.

    Sending joy and happiness, Jenny @ Pearson Report

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jenny - am so glad to know this struck at such a personal level. I have always known this skip-gen bond to be the most precious. Thank you for the lovely words. Provides the fuel to pen more.

    Keep visiting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loved this! I have a dimple in one cheek but only passed it on to my youngest who has them in both cheeks. I was 35-36 when she announced to two strangers after they complemented her dimples, "My mom used to have a dimple but it turned into a wrinkle." LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's a lovely little poem.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Donna. Your youngest surely has a great sense of humor :) So you both have three dimples between the two of you. That's so cool!

    ReplyDelete
  6. A good one, Arpita. Dimples are unique, and they do catch anyone's attention!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Pradeep sir - thank you. Glad you liked it. Wanted to take a break from prose, so tried some poetry instead... :)

    ReplyDelete