Tuesday 16 April 2024

Notes on nothing

 

As a tenderfoot at the A-Z challenge and that too not riding on a theme, 'nothing' is the word that swamps my mindscape these days. While committing myself to this endeavor, I had never imagined lasting beyond the first few alphabets. And here I'm into week three.

Every night I ask myself what can you come up with for tomorrow's post and pat comes the reply, 'nothing', at times even in fluorescent ALL CAPS! It's as if the grey cells want to potter about but the head in which they are encased has incarcerated them. I show them a clean slate every day and set them abuzz. And remind them that they have a deadline looming large. 

So, today when my mind pretended to be cerebrally impaired, I threw a spanner in its works. Thought poverty, did you say? You have nothing to come up with huh?  Fine then, let's do a whirl just around that thing, which is 'nothing'. And here's how the mind obliged, knowing there's no escape.

  •  Nothing is a beautiful thing.  It’s the mother of all beginnings
  • Nothing travels light, so you can fill it with a thoughtful something
  • Nothing brings a pause and then warms up the mind to fly 
  • Nothing blows away the dust, clears the clouds and reveals the silver lining
  • Nothing is the one constant, from before birth to after death and beyond
  • Nothing in its limitless expanse can encompass anything, everything

Dear me, to weave a post around 'nothing' was something!
 


No comments:

Post a Comment